I supposedly retired in October 2014 from an engineering career. I have a husband who happily does not need me to cater to his every need. I have three grown children who turned out way better than I could have hoped. I live near Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Here is how I try to spend my time – and a recent progress report:
- Organize my house – Not a lot of progress here
- Wander out to the garden with a coffee and pluck a few weeds – Sometimes
- Figure out how to manage my life on my super-duper phone – Still a work-in-progress
- Do long-distance walks – I’ve having good success here.
- Get more sleep – Still working on this.
- Travel to visit my family and friends, wherever they are – This is going very well!
- Work part-time (from home) for a technical association I’ve long been involved with – This has expanded way beyond my wishes, and I’m planning to cut it way back, very soon.