I supposedly retired in October 2014 from an engineering career. I have a husband who happily does not need me to cater to his every need. I have three grown children who turned out way better than I could have hoped. I live near Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Here is how I try to spend my time – and a recent progress report (Jan 2020):
- Organize my house –
Not a lot of progress hereBacksliding now.
- Wander out to the garden with a coffee and pluck a few weeds –
Sometimes, in thought anyway
- Figure out how to manage my life on my super-duper phone – Still a work-in-progress. Not bothering much, since I’ll need another new phone eventually.
- Do long-distance walks – I’ve having good success here. Check.
- Get more sleep – Still working on this. Still trying.
- Travel to visit my family and friends, wherever they are – This is going very well! Check.
- Work part-time (from home) for a technical association I’ve long been involved with – This has expanded way beyond my wishes, and I’m planning to cut it way back,
very sooneventually, I hope.